Monday, 8 September 2008

Waiter, there’s a spicey roach in my soup!

Goodness knows how long folk in Walthamstow have been eating cockroach dropppings buried in the dishes served at a Srik Lankan restaurant.

Help me out if I’m being an alarmist here, but, according to Walthamstow Council, the restaurant was forced to shut down because of the severe cokcroach infestation; the entire place was filthy with dirt and food accumulating on every surface, and cockroach droppings were also found in the cupboards containing food trays.

What I can’t fathom is that the owner was given a warning and told to start treatment before this action took place.

But when health inspectors visited the place again, little had been done to get rid of the ghastly creatures.

Perhaps, being a small business owner, he could not afford the fumigation costs? Or maybe, like the other dodgy restauranters lurking out there, he simply didn’t think it was a pritority.

Whatever his reasons, he’s learnt the hard way; and I’m not sure if I pity the guy or his customers/victims more.

No comments: